- Lab receives a Beckman Young Investigator award! (6/26/2022)
The lab receives a Beckman Young Investigator Award! This grant will fund our work on low-dimensional conjugated metal–organic nanostructures. Many thanks to the Beckman Foundation for their generous support! Check out the other awardees here: https://www.beckman-foundation.org/latest-news/2022-byi-awardees/.
- Fellowship awards and other recognitions (4/4/2022)
Congratulations to the group on their many amazing accomplishments!!
– Ashlyn received NSF GRFP and NDSEG awards
– Kathleen received an NSF Honorable Mention
– Devin received an Outstanding TA Award
– Leo’s recent paper was highlighted by Nature Reviews Materials
- Leo’s paper out in JACS! (3/10/2022)
Congratulations to Leo Zasada on his recent paper in JACS! We show that discrete metal–organic macrocycles retain many of the cool properties of conductive 2D MOFs but with enhanced processability. Many thanks to collaborators, including the Luscombe and Seidler labs. Check it out here!
- Welcome new group members! (2/21/2022)
Welcome to our new undergraduate, Audrey Hill! We are excited to have you join us!
- Lab receives NSF CAREER award! (1/7/2022)
The lab has received an NSF CAREER award! This will fund our work on metal–organic framework-supported bifunctional and bimetallic catalysts, as well as our outreach programs for K–12, college, and the older adult population!
- Welcome new group members! (12/18/2021)
Graduate students Phuong Le and Devin Rollins officially join the Xiao lab. Welcome to the group!
- Welcome undergraduates and rotation students! (10/4/2021)
We are excited to welcome undergraduate Jonathan, who started earlier this fall, as well as our autumn rotation students Andrei and Robert (October) and Emily and Phuong (November). Our group meetings are open to all interested first year students, and are held on Mondays at 4PM in the 4th floor CHB conference room (see here for the group meeting schedule).
- Welcome summer students! (7/25/2021)
We are excited to welcome three new students this summer, incoming graduate student Devin Rollins, undergraduate EJ Brannan, and summer REU student Dina Chehada. Welcome to the group!
- Check out Jack’s JACS paper! (6/29/2021)
- Congrats Ashlyn & Kathleen! (6/17/2021)
Congratulations to Ashlyn and Kathleen, who were both awarded CEI Graduate Fellowships! This fellowship funds exceptional researchers from departments across UW to apply their talents to clean energy research projects, participate in outreach activities, and develop professional skills.